Welcome to Adult Student.com! Are you returning to college? Never been before? We are here to assist you with your education progress. Our site is a companion to The Adult Student's Guide to Survival & Success, 7th edition (ASG), by Al Siebert and Mary Karr. The ASG is a student success book that shows how to handle the unique challenges faced by adult learners starting college.
Realizing the growing importance of the internet in our workplaces, we have compiled this site as both a resource and an exercise. Throughout the site, you will find links to follow which will develop your familiarity with and skills using the internet. If you need some helpful internet tips right now, visit our internet help pages listed below.
Adult Student's Guide Sections
Below you will find the sections that are referred to specifically in the ASG. For a brief description of the contents of each section, please visit our student Sections page.
- Financial Aid Resources
- Distance Learning
- Enrolling and Getting Registered
- Support Services
- Help for those with Learning or Physical Disabilities
- Classroom Listening
- Guidelines for Taking Notes
- Help for Sustaining Concentration
- Developing Goals
- Authenticating Resources on the Internet
- Emoticons, Emojis, Chat Abbreviations and Avatars
- Bloom’s Taxonomy
- Understanding Differences in Temperament
- Your Accomplishments Portfolio
Notice: Undefined index: pagination in /home/adultstc/public_html/asg_content/plugins/list-category-posts/include/lcp-widget.php on line 32
Guest Tips for Adult Students
- How to find time for distance learning while working full time
When you are working full-time and want to improve your ...
- Tips for Students on Medications
The suggestions I have are…
- Dare to Take Risks to Find Your Purpose!
We all have a very special purpose in life regardless ...
- From Homeless to Harvard – Liz Murray’s Story
A few people are born resilient. Elizabeth Murray is one ...
- An Online Mom Shares Some Tips
Melinda, an online student of co-author Mary Karr’s, shares ...
- Facing Racism Made Me Better, Not Bitter
Jackie Leno Grant spent her early years in a comfortable ...
- Succeeding Despite Invisible Handicaps
(Comment by Al Siebert: This letter from a college student ...
- Angry Mothers on Welfare Must Fight for Education Funding
Diana Spatz was a single mother on welfare. She encountered ...
- Time Management Tricks 2.0
Whether you are a business executive, teacher, student, parent, or ...
- Make Friends with Your Instructors
To make the most of your learning experience, and to ...